You may be wondering why your company even needs SEO to be part of their marketing strategy. Whether you are a company that does their business primarily from the Internet, or one which does business offline, you still need to think about SEO for a variety of reasons. If you have any specific questions about why SEO is important you are welcome to call us to get a personalized answer, but below are some of the top reasons all businesses should have a strong SEO strategy in place.
- Local Search – When you’re doing business offline in local area, you’re still going to be able to get great benefits from a good SEO strategy. A growing percentage of searches today are being done with a geographical qualifier. If, for example, you offer auto repair services in Lansing Michigan. We can work to ensure your web page comes up first when someone types in, “Transmission repair in Lansing”. We will work with you to come up with a list of keywords for your local area to ensure you’re on top of search results when people are looking for a product or service that you provide.
- Online Advertising – One option to consider when beginning an SEO strategy is to include paid advertising from places such as Google Adwords. These ads allow you to pay for your business or webpage to display at the top of the search results, or along the side for specific keywords. This is the fastest yet expensive way to quickly get to the top of the search engine results pages which will bring many people to your website.
- E-Commerse is HUGE – Selling goods or services online is something which was simply not heard of just 20 years ago, but today it has billions of dollars per year. If you have a product or service which can be sold online, you can get your piece of this huge market. SEO is necessary because no matter how great your goods or services are, they will never sell if people can’t find your site.
- Excellent Return on Investment – When you think of SEO in terms of an overall marketing strategy, the return on investment simply can’t be beat. If, for example, you buy an advertisement on a television program you are simply hoping that people will watch it who are interested in your product. SEO, on the other hand, is extremely targeted so your site is only being displayed to people who are very likely to be interested in your service or product. You can also have an effective SEO strategy put in place for a fraction of the cost of any other type of advertising.
- Great Long Term Benefits – When done properly, SEO can help rank your site at the top of the search engine results pages for the specific keywords you’re interested in. Once you are ranked well, a substantial increase in the website traffic results in much more calls and orders. It is very affordable to keep the great benefits of the SEO work for years to come without having to invest lots of money.